The Religious Education curriculum aims to:
- Develop appropriate knowledge, skills, attitudes and values through the effective delivery of the learning Strands and supplementary Resources provided with the Religious Education curriculum.( This curriculum document is set by the New Zealand Bishops conference,)
- To teach material that is theologically sound, using the resources of various cultures while allowing for each person.s free faith response
- To enable young people to develop ways of integrating faith and life and culture.
- To integrate aspects of Religious Education Te Whakaakoranga Whakapono with other learning areas where appropriate.
Religious Education at St Paul's College encompasses
- Teaching and learning what the Catholic Church believes and teaches.
- Understanding and appreciating the ways the Catholic Church celebrates, lives and prays.
- Teaching students how to respond freely to God according to their gift of faith.
Subjects in this Department